Careers at Metro
Technology at Metro
Operational Control & Management Systems (OCMS) is a team of technology and engineering professionals responsible for Metro’s rail operational control systems, and enterprise information and communications technology.
Key responsibilities include:
- ‘Keeping the lights on’ through monitoring, proactive and reactive maintenance, renewals, planning and design, and project transition to operations.
- Developing and improving applications, functionality and hardware
- Ensuring world-class cyber security practices to ensure the railway network is protected from cyber-attacks and other threats
- Provision of cutting-edge information management, insights and reporting built from the power of automation and (AI) tooling
- Provision of Level 2 and 3 support service desks
Supporting the Government’s Big Build Program
As Victoria’s largest rail operator, we support the Government’s Big Build program covering level crossing removals, the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP), the Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) and the introduction of new passenger rolling stock (trains). Metro is part of an international rail family that operates services worldwide.