Tickets & Fares
Myki is your ticket to ride on Metro. Simply keep your myki topped up and carry it with you, and you’ll always be ready to travel. Just touch on and off when you travel
and myki will automatically calculate the lowest fare for you.
You can buy a myki at:
- at Metro premium stations
- at myki machines at all Metro railway stations and some accessible tram stops and bus interchanges (full fare only)
- at 7-Eleven stores or one of 800 retailers across Melbourne, click here for details
- online at ptv.vic.gov.au
- by calling 1800 800 007
- at the PTV Hub at Southern Cross Station
You can top up your myki:
- online at ptv.vic.gov.au (allow at least 24 hours for processing)
- by calling 1800 800 007 (allow at least 24 hours for processing)
- at myki machines at metropolitan railway stations and selected tram platforms stops and bus interchanges
- At over 800 retailers where you see the myki sign, including all 7-Eleven stores
Touching on and touching off
Each time you enter or exit a railway station, you must touch on at the myki reader at the start of your journey and touch off at the myki reader at the end.
How much does a myki cost?
A full fare myki card costs $6 and a concession, seniors or child myki costs $3.
Detailed myki fares and zone information is available online at ptv.vic.gov.au
For more information about how to use your myki, visit ptv.vic.gov.au or call 1800 800 007.