The Platform – Terms & Conditions
Booking & Payment
Organisations and individuals can book training and pay in full online via Visa or MasterCard transaction by visiting metrotrains.com.au/academy
If the learner or a duly authorised Company representative completing the course booking has requested language, literacy or numeracy (LLN) assistance Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) will charge the Company and the Company agrees to pay to MTM a fee for additional LLN support that will be determined, at MTM’s absolute discretion, based on participant numbers for the relevant course session.
MTM reserves the right to administer a LLN skills check at any time during the relevant course session to the learner and the learner must sit the LLN skills check without assistance. If the learner refuses to undertake the LLN skills check or does not meet the level required for the course being undertaken:
- The learner must remove him/herself from the course session and re-book a subsequent session nominating LLN assistance.
- The Company agrees to forfeit and will not seek a refund of the full course fee that the Company must pay MTM upon enrolment to the course session prior to commencement.
- Cancellations notified less than 5 full working days prior to the course commencement date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 25% of the full course fee.
- Cancellations notified less than 48 hours prior to the course commencement date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the full course fee.
- Cancellations notified on the day of course commencement will incur 100% full course feeNo refunds will be issued after course has commenced.
- No refunds will be issued for non-attendance.
- Cancellations made by Metro Academy where bookings have be withdrawn due to the participant not meeting the pre-requisite(s) requirements will incur a $40.00 administration charge.
- Substitution of learners after original booking is confirmed will incur a $40.00 administration charge.
- Fee for reassessments will be charged at $100.00 per hour.
- Certificate re-issuing (hardcopy posted out) will incur a cost of $20.00 per certificate.
- Certificate re-issuing (via electronic PDF format, marked with COPY) will incur a cost of $20.00 per certificate.
- Statements of Attainment will be issued for units successfully completed at time of withdrawal, cancellation or transfer, provided that fees have been paid in full for the units shown on the
- Statement of Attainment.
- Metro Trains Melbourne reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers or in the event of exceptional circumstances. A full refund or alternative courses will be offered in these circumstances.