Night works between Westall, Pakenham and Cranbourne
9pm Friday 5 August to 4am Monday 8 August
To improve the safety and efficiency of Melbourne’s metropolitan rail network, critical safety works will be undertaken along the Pakenham and Cranbourne lines.
These critical safety works form part of Metro’s annual works program to maintain and renew the rail network.
What to expect:
- maintenance works in and around the rail corridor near your property
- heavy machinery in the works area, including special track machines, excavators, front end loaders and chainsaws
- medium to high level construction noise during the set up and use of the heavy machinery rail grinding works that will cause a short-term immediate increase in noise once completed and
will generally decrease over time
- increased noise, dust and local traffic from workers accessing stored materials in the works areas or the rail corridor
- traffic management in place when required, to assist people and vehicles moving through the area.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather or unavoidable circumstances.
Every effort will be made to complete works within these time frames and keep noise to a minimum.