Night works between Blackburn, Lilydale and Belgrave
Saturday 14 May to Wednesday 18 May
To improve the safety and efficiency of Melbourne’s metropolitan rail network, critical safety works will be undertaken along the Belgrave and Lilydale lines.
The critical safety works form part of Metro’s annual works program to maintain and renew the rail network.
What to expect:
- maintenance works in and around the rail corridor near your property
- heavy machinery in the works area, including special track machines, excavators, front end loaders and chainsaws
- medium to high level construction noise during the set up and use of the heavy machinery rail grinding works that will cause a short-term immediate increase in noise once completed and
will generally decrease over time
- increased noise, dust and local traffic from workers accessing stored materials in the works areas or the rail corridor
- traffic management in place when required, to assist people and vehicles moving through the area.
- Night works between Ringwood and Belgrave from 1am Saturday 14 May to 9pm Sunday 15 May
- Night works between Blackburn, Lilydale and Belgrave from 9pm to 4am each night, Sunday 15 May to Wednesday 18 May.
- To safely complete these works, the pedestrian crossing at Devenish Rd, Boronia will be closed from 9pm Monday 16 May to 3am Thursday 18 May.
Every effort will be made to complete works within these time frames and keep noise to a minimum.