Download now to receive live updates pushed to your device directly from Metro’s train control centre.
The app allows you to personalise Metro’s live service updates to receive the information you want at the times that you need it.
Some of the features include
My Trips allows you set up your stations as well as lines so you can receive the next four timetabled services from your chosen stations and will show alerts for your chosen lines.
Next four departures are shown for your trip stations. You can toggle between trip stations to see departures in both directions. Up-to-date departure information is displayed, providing expected departure times.
Travel alerts will provide push notifications for travel updates to your line at your selected travel times.
Morning Update which assures you that your selected line/s is running a good service
The push notifications are defined by the following travel categories which advise on the best action for you to take:
- Good Service – trains are currently running on time to five minutes.
- Minor delays – journey time may be increased with trains experiencing delays between five to fifteen minutes; however stay with your planned travel.
- Major delays – significantly longer journey times expected with trains delayed by over fifteen minutes. Consider alternative transport where possible while we work to fix the problem.
- Suspended – a section of the line has been suspended due to an unplanned disruption. Replacement buses will be used where possible, but alternative modes of transport should also be considered.
- Works alert – planned improvement works will affect scheduled services. Replacement buses are likely to form part of this.
- Travel alert –special instructions or information exists for this line.
- Service change –special instructions or information exists for a train.
- Cancellation – special instructions or information exists for a cancelled train.
Each alert (except good service) will include information explaining the change to service. Rolling updates will be provided as an incident unfolds and will arrive in your pocket via a push notification.