Major works this Spring
Changes today, better transport tomorrow
As part of Victoria’s Big Build, works continues this spring to remove dangerous and congested level crossings. Test trains are running through the Metro Tunnel ahead of its opening in 2025, and early works get underway on Suburban Rail Loop.
While we work, there will be disruptions – be sure to plan ahead and allow extra time. For a detailed list of disruptions and to find out how changes today are building better transport for tomorrow, visit our Planned Works page.
Major disruptions in October
Frankston and Stony Point lines
• From 11:30pm Saturday 21 October to last service Friday 3 November, buses replace trains between Moorabbin, Cheltenham, Frankston and Stony Point.
Major disruptions in November
Cranbourne and Pakenham lines
• From 11.30pm Thursday 23 November to last service Sunday 26 November, buses replace trains between Caulfield and Westall.
• From 9:30pm Friday 24 November and last service Thursday 7 December, buses replace trains between Dandenong and Pakenham.
• From 9:30pm Sunday 26 November to last service Friday 1 December, buses replace trains between Dandenong and Cranbourne.
• From 9.30pm Sunday 26 November to last service Tuesday 28 November, buses replace trains between Westall and Dandenong.
• From 11.30pm Thursday 23 November to last service Sunday 26 November, buses replace trains between North Melbourne and Sunshine.