We receive many requests for community activities at stations, and unfortunately it is not possible to support them all. Safety and passenger experience are our top priorities. The impacts of proposed activities need to be considered in relation to a range of regulations and obligations – land management, amenity, litter, noise, safety, lighting, accessibility, traffic flow, maintenance impacts and other planned activities.
- Requests are only accepted from not-for-profit organisations, registered charities, social enterprises, community groups and government agencies. We do not facilitate access for individuals
- We require proof of public liability insurance of no less than $20M
- You will be required to agree with our access terms and conditions as outlined in the application process
- Activities with a religious, political or sectarian purpose will not be considered
- Campaigns or causes aligned to gambling, tobacco, alcohol or those with commercial outcomes for private interest will not be supported
- Paid collectors are not permitted
- Distribution of flyers will only be approved if absolutely necessary due to risk of litter
The safety and experience of our passengers is our priority. Due to the large amount of activity at the below stations, weekday access is prohibited outside of our 10 supported fundraising campaigns.
- Flinders Street
- Melbourne Central
- South Yarra
Metro has more than 200 stations and we are happy to work with you on alternative options, or you can consider undertaking your activity over the weekend period.Apply for a Station Activity Permit
Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
Southern Cross Station enquiries should be made directly here.