Government Advice & Resources
Latest Government advice on COVID-19
In Victoria, the Department of Health is leading the state’s response for COVID-19 and provides regular updates.
- For the latest public health advice and updates, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Note: For a library of organisation-wide communications to Metro employees, click here.
Metro continues to take the advice of health authorities at both a state and federal level. Employees are urged to visit the state approved information sources below for more details of Victoria-specific information, or the federal Department of Health website for advice relevant to Australia as a whole.
- Victorian Government website at coronavirus.vic.gov.au; including information on exposure sites and vaccine appointments
- Call the Victorian Department of Health hotline on: 1800 675 398 (a translator can be requested at the time of the call)
- See information about restrictions in place throughout Victoria, here.
- Australian Department of Health website at https://www.health.gov.au/
Other official sources of information on social media:
- Twitter: @VicGovDH
Our state and federal leaders are issuing regular media statements on coronavirus, which include the latest social distancing restrictions, health advice and other information.
To access the latest media releases from the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, and the Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews, you are encouraged to visit these links:
- Commonwealth Government media centre: https://www.pm.gov.au/media
- Victorian Government media centre: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/media-centre/
Information from the Department of Transport
|The Victorian Government has released important information relating to public transport as part of the response to COVID-19.