Government Advice & Resources
Government advice on COVID-19
In Victoria, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is leading the state’s response for COVID-19 and provides regular updates.
UPDATE: Victoria moves to COVIDSafe Summer from 11:59pm 6 December 2020.
Check out the DHHS webpage for the latest advice and updates: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Metro continues to take the advice of health authorities at both a state and federal level. Employees are urged to visit the state approved information sources below for more details of Victoria-specific information, or the federal Department of Health website for advice relevant to Australia as a whole.
- DHHS website at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Call the DHHS hotline on: 1800 675 398 (a translator can be requested at the time of the call)
- See information about restrictions in place throughout Victoria on the DHHS website here.
- Australian Department of Health website at https://www.health.gov.au/
Other official sources of information on social media:
Our state and federal leaders are issuing regular media statements on coronavirus, which include the latest social distancing restrictions, health advice and other information.
To access the latest media releases from the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, and the Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews, you are encouraged to visit these links:
- Commonwealth Government media centre: https://www.pm.gov.au/media
- Victorian Government media centre: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/media-centre/