Government Advice & Resources
Government advice on COVID-19
In Victoria, the Department of Health is leading the state’s response for COVID-19 and provides regular updates.
LATEST UPDATE [26 FEBRUARY]:
Victoria returned to the ‘COVIDSafe’ setting from 11:59pm on Friday 26 February 2021.
Check out the official webpage for the latest advice and updates: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
For the latest Metro Employee Communications related to COVID-19, visit here.
Metro continues to take the advice of health authorities at both a state and federal level. Employees are urged to visit the state approved information sources below for more details of Victoria-specific information, or the federal Department of Health website for advice relevant to Australia as a whole.
- Victorian Government website at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
- Call the Victorian Department of Health hotline on: 1800 675 398 (a translator can be requested at the time of the call)
- See information about restrictions in place throughout Victoria, here.
- Australian Department of Health website at https://www.health.gov.au/
Other official sources of information on social media:
- Twitter: @VicGovDH
Our state and federal leaders are issuing regular media statements on coronavirus, which include the latest social distancing restrictions, health advice and other information.
To access the latest media releases from the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, and the Victorian Premier, Daniel Andrews, you are encouraged to visit these links:
- Commonwealth Government media centre: https://www.pm.gov.au/media
- Victorian Government media centre: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/media-centre/
Information from the Department of Transport
|The Victorian Government has released important information relating to public transport as part of the response to COVID-19.
The Victorian Government has a suite of printable posters that can be useful workplace reminders. Many of these posters are in languages other than English.
Department of Transport Traveller’s Tips