Privacy and Copyright
Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) provides the information on this web site for general reference only.
You may use this web site for personal purposes only, and you must not distribute, commercialise or otherwise exploit any of the content on this web site.
Although we check and attempt to maintain the accuracy of information presented on this web site, the general nature of the information and the variability of the subject matter means that information may not be complete, accurate or up-to-date at all times. Accordingly, we, exclude all:
- (a) warranties whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, relating to the web site, your use of the web site or the information contained on the web site; and
- (b) liability (including for negligence) to you or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including special, indirect or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue, unavailability of systems or loss of data) arising from or in connection with your use of or reliance on the information on or accessed through this web site for any reason whatsoever (including negligence), except to the extent that a law provides that a term (including a condition or warranty) implied into an agreement cannot be excluded, restricted or modified then that term will apply to this agreement. However, to the extent that such a law permits our liability for breach of such a term be limited to (at our option) the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, then that limitation will apply.
We or our licensors own all intellectual property rights in this web site, including the logos, text, graphics, layout, software and other branding. You may use this site for personal purposes only, and you must not reproduce, adapt, communicate, modify, publish, distribute, commercialise or otherwise exploit any of the content on this site. You must not frame or deep link to this web site without our prior written consent.
Links to third party Web sites
“Metro”, “MTM” and “M” marks are trademarks of Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd or our licensors.
Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd (“MTM”, “we”, “our” or “us”) ABN 43 136 429 948, is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals.
The protection of personal information in the private sector is required by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) (collectively “Privacy Laws”) and we are bound to comply with these Privacy Laws. All of our employees and officers are expected to comply with the Privacy Laws and our policies and procedures concerning the protection of personal information.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- privacy of personal information is of paramount importance to us;
- your personal information will not be disclosed, other than in accordance with this policy without your permission or in accordance with the Act; and
- we will only use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you, including your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and occupation. We may also collect information concerning your use of our services and other information concerning our dealings with you.
How do we collect Personal Information?
We collect personal information through a variety of ways. These include:
- directly from you, for example when you provide information via our web site, on an application form or when speaking to our representatives;
- from third parties, for example from credit reporting agencies, your agents or Metlink;
- from publicly available sources; and
- from our records of your dealings with us (including through your use of our web site).
- If you provide us with the personal information of another person, we rely on you to inform that person and obtain their consent for the disclosure by you to us of their personal information.
Why do we collect and how do we use Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information in order to:
- undertake or operate our franchise;
- provide services to you, or to carry out our dealings with you;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- conduct market research;
- research and develop our products, services and our marketing programs;
- review and consider any application or other information you send to us;
- carry out administrative functions, such as risk management, credit management, billing and record keeping;
- test, develop and maintain our systems and services;
- monitor and enforce our policies and procedures and ensure that our services are not misused and are used only for lawful purposes; and
- carry out credit and payment related activities.
We may use your personal information we have collected in order to enable us or our related entities to promote and market services to you. This may include through sending you information via mail, email, SMS and telephone. If you do not want us or our related entities to do so, please call 1800 MY METRO (1800 69 63876).
Disclosing Personal Information
Like other organisations, we sometimes use or deal with third parties in using your personal information for the purposes described above. These organisations include:
- our related bodies corporate and shareholders;
- our contractors, agents and advisors;
- government, law enforcement and regulatory entities;
- your agent, executor, administrator, trustee or attorney;
- other service providers;
- credit reporting, credit providers and debt collection agencies;
- other financial institutions;
- Metlink and third parties related to Metlink;
- other third parties with which we have an alliance or arrangement; and
- other entities as required or permitted by law.
Retention and Disposal of Information
Sending Personal Information Overseas
If it is necessary for us to transfer your personal information overseas to a third party we will obtain your consent if:
- applicable laws do not otherwise permit the transfer.
Any email you send to us and information you submit through our websites may be scanned for IT security purposes.
Security of Information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including via email) may be intercepted by a third party. We use reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected by us is held securely.
You can access your Personal Information
In accordance with laws you have a right (subject to certain limitations) to access your personal information we hold. If you believe that the personal information we holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please advice us by contacting us via the method set out below.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If you require further information about how we handle personal information or any privacy issues please contact our office via the Metro Customer Service number on 1800 MY METRO (1800 69 63876).