Metro posts prize-winning pupil’s posters
Local train stations are set to become beneficiaries of the best in student art, with winning entries from this year’s Australian Academy of Design’s Poster Prize to be displayed across Melbourne.
Incorporating this year’s theme of Bringing Melbourne Together, the posters will be on display for three weeks at each station, starting tomorrow (Wednesday 18 August) at Flinders Street Station, and with five local train stations to follow throughout the year.
Metro spokesman Chris Whitefield said it was a simple way for Metro to support and showcase the talent of the budding artists.
“We’re proud to be involved with this year’s poster prize, and this is the first time in the poster prize’s short history the winning entries will be on display at train stations,” Mr Whitefield said.
“We’ve chosen stations close to the schools of the winners to both recognise the achievements of the 2010 winners, but also to encourage other students to get involved in the competition in the years to come.”
All three placegetters from the secondary and tertiary categories will be on display at local stations until January next year.
Australian Academy of Design 2010 Poster Prize
Secondary school category winners
- 1st place: Georgina Bendall, Genazzano College, Kew Download PDF
- 2nd place: Mitchell Poole, Norwood Secondary College, Ringwood
- 3rd place: Kathryn New, Alexandra Secondary College, Alexandra
Tertiary category winners
- 1st place: Michelle Yann, Australian Academy of Design, Port Melbourne Download PDF
- 2nd place: Erika Siabatto, Australian Academy of Design, Port Melbourne
- 3rd place: Matt Williams, Australian Academy of Design, Port Melbourne
Stations and dates displayed
- Flinders Street: 18 August – 7 September
- Heidelberg: 8 September – 4 October
- Camberwell: 5 October – 2 November
- Ringwood: 3 November – 30 November
- Lilydale: 1 December – 21 December
- Coburg: 22 December – 11 January 2011