Metro is proud to be returning as Principal Partner of the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) in 2016. MIFF is celebrating its 65th Festival in 2016, and audiences will have over 500 film sessions, talks, special events and much more to enjoy during the festival’s run from 28 July to 14 August.
Tickets are now on sale, to get your MIFF tickets and ticketing info click here. There are hundreds of great films from all over the world showing at MIFF this year, so if you’re not sure what to see and need some help, click here.
We have exclusive ticket offers!
Download our metroNotify app (http://www.metrotrains.com.au/metronotify/) to get access to exclusive MIFF ticket offers.
Go to the Info page and click on the link in the MIFF 2016 discounts tab to get last chance access to some of the most popular films, as well as $10 tickets and other special discounts!
WIN FREE TICKETS!
What’s one film that has stayed in your memories & why?
Post your answer to the Metro Trains Twitter account (@metrotrains) by 12pm on Friday 5 August 2016 for your chance to win.
For terms and conditions, click here.
Ten fast facts of MIFF:
- MIFF is celebrating its 65th festival in 2016.
- The festival runs from 28 July to 14 August.
- The opening night film this year is ‘The Death and Life of Otto Bloom’.
- Metro Trains are the proud Principal Partner of MIFF.
- In 2015 MIFF delivered almost $9.8 million into the local economy.
- The director of the film ‘Certain Women’ is Kelly Reichardt.
- The closing night film is ‘Hell or High Water’.
- The first MIFF was held in in 1952.
- MIFF is one of the oldest film festivals in the world.
- This years Kids Gala film ‘Kubo and the two strings’ is in 3D.